Three reasons programmatic video is changing the game
15 February 2016
By James Patterson
As everything shifts to digital, the power of now — and the immediate gratification that comes with it — is especially relevant for TV viewers. This highly curated TV experience is causing viewers to rethink whether the traditional cord is necessary. In turn, advertisers are beginning to rethink how to reach them.
- Marketers are better equipped to reach relevant audiences now more than ever before thanks to powerful data.
- Data isn’t simply about targeting audiences, it’s also about understanding how your campaigns are performing across channels.
- Thoughtful marketers can utilize information about their audiences to better shape their holistic marketing plan.
There’s no question that data-driven marketing is shaping the future of how we engage with ads, but I doubt a banner ad has ever made you cry. For this reason, television and video remain the gold standard for brand advertising, and its future is bright. Bringing programmatic’s precision, insights, and optimisation to the resonance of video creative is a game-changer. Here’s why:
- Spend is shifting to programmatic TV.
With the ability to buy and sell TV ads in real-time, messaging can be more relevant and targeted than ever before. Programmatic TV enables brands to reach consumers who are actually interested in their company and, in turn, efficiently stretch their budget.
- Meet the Cord-Users, the Cord-Shavers, the Cord-Cutters, and the Cord-Nevers.
As the TV industry evolves, viewership patterns are becoming fragmented. Not only can users access TV/Film at anytime on one of their average three to four connected devices, but many users are also changing the way they gain access to content.
- Fragmented viewing means enhanced targeting possibilities.
These subset categories of viewership mean marketers have the power to know specific interests and preferences of their audience. In this world of user preference viewing, shouldn’t ads reflect the user’s interests, too? The more viewership continues to fragment, the more precise and specific targeting gets.
By now, the secret’s out: programmatic is necessary for running a successful, and efficient, campaign. It’s time for television buyers to demand the same level of performance they’ve come to expect online.
To find out more, visit our website.