The Inbox / 5 most valuable brands in the world
5 most valuable brands in the world
8 June 2016 |
Google has claimed the number one spot in the 2016 BrandZ Top 100 Most Valuable Global Brands ranking, released today by WPP and Millward Brown.
Disruption was the dominant trend, with brands changing the status quo with their offerings in a number of ways, often beyond the use of digital technologies. Brands that were the strongest innovators increased their value the most.
The top five brands were
- Google (increased its value by 32 per cent to $229bn, overtaking Apple)
- Apple (dropped to no.2 after declining -8 per cent in value to$228bn)
- Microsoft (remains at no.3, growing 5% to$122bn
- AT&T (increased its value by 20 per cent to £107bn)
- Facebook (increased its value by 44 per cent to £102bn)