Marketing / What is the future of digital content?
What is the future of digital content?
22 February 2018
Digital content has moved on. Audiences are increasingly savvy about ‘advertorials’, or branded content that is subtly selling stuff, therefore brands need to get smarter. The key is personalisation – making the content genuinely useful or interesting to one particular small audience segment. It needs to be exactly what they want, delivered in exactly the way they want it.
The way people consume content changes at an incredible rate. The time of day, the type of device, the format of the content (video vs. text), the platform (social media, eBook, YouTube), the consumer’s demographic – these all impact on how it should be designed. With the rise of new technologies comes the opportunity to stand out from the crowd by doing something new, which will involve changes in design.
Virtual Reality content has started to creep into mainstream recently, and although there’s a clearer idea of what can be done with it, there’s still plenty to explore. With the rise of bots and chatbots as content and brand loyalty tools, machine learning and AI allow better data segmentation and automated responses. Voice is making a revamped comeback, thanks to Alexa and Siri, with issues around content ownership and brand recognition inherent in how that content is consumed.
Based on our research, which we have undertaken in January, the questions that are currently resonating within the industry are:
- What type of VR content is worth producing?
- How can brands retain loyalty and content ownership in the era of Voice tech?
- Should we create bots that work for or with your brand?
- What does machine learning contribute to your marketing strategy?
- How can companies use NFC in products in order to deliver content?
- How can you orchestrate real time marketing campaigns?
- Does working with influencers expand your reach?
- Is Facebook advertising worth the money?
- Are you making the most of your audience data?
- What will the new data regulations stop you doing?
These pressing questions will be discussed at The 5th Annual Digital Content Summit 2018, which will see over 100 senior professionals working in publishing, marketing and branding gather in London on 15 May, 2018.
We will be launching the full DCS 2018 agenda and speaker line-up in the middle of March, and we will offer a 30% early bird discount. However, if you are already keen to secure your place and join 20+ of your peers who have signed up so far, take advantage of our large prelaunch discount, which saves you 50% of the cost of standard tickets.