What businesses need to know about digital identity
28 November 2018
Steven Rees-Pullman, General Manager, EMEA
Identity is the cornerstone of an organisation’s product, security, and customer relationship management (CRM) infrastructure. While identity management has traditionally been associated with usernames and passwords, the identity needs of an organisation have evolved far beyond this, to include providing a safe and engaging user experience for consumers, business partners, and employees, which is an incredibly complex task.
There are two major push-and-pull factors that drastically impact identity management, and how well an organisation can maintain users’ trust and loyalty:
- Constantly changing data security and privacy legislation, which organisations struggle to keep up with
- The competitive landscape, which is always a major factor in how organisations approach the development and delivery of their applications and services
Why is it hard to get identity right?
Organisations suffer from legacy systems and mindsets when it comes to identity. Rather than approaching identity management as the foundation of their infrastructure, organisations often address it in a fragmented way, according to the needs of each department. Furthermore, they often think that they can build identity themselves, taking away valuable resources from product innovation and development.
Organisations today need a modern view of identity where authentication, authorisation, and security are addressed in just one place, with a single view of customers, employees and suppliers. Choosing the right identity platform makes this much simpler.
Why should businesses look to identity platforms?
An identity platform, developed and maintained by security experts, brings relief from the hidden costs associated with DIY platforms and offers several benefits, including:
- The ability to maintain, and safely and quickly scale identity infrastructure to accommodate more users or new features, such as progressive profiling, as the organisation works to improve user experience
- Reducing the risk of non-compliance when it comes to regulatory requirements
- Flexibility to deploy identity management in a cloud environment, or on-premises using existing hardware
Auth0’s Universal Identity Platform delivers results across an entire organisation, with use case-agnostic tools that scale as an organisation evolves and grows. The platform is simple to use and enables organisations to fulfil any identity-related need.
To find out how digital identity can transform your business, visit www.auth0.com